ALTO Modular Archive Storage
ALTO's modular architecture is designed specifically for Offline Storage. When media files are not being archived or restored, the disk drives are spun-down and stopped. ALTO goes beyond MAID with independent control of each disk drive to further reduce power consumption, extend disk life and allow disks to be externalized for shelf storage or transportation. User selectable Data Replication writes data files to multiple locations within the Archive to provide the required balance of security and storage efficiency. ALTO is a modular system which can be fully or partly populated with locally sourced off- the-shelf disks.
- 5RU Chassis with 48 Disk Drive Slots – up to 150TB Raw Storage, 75TB with 2 x Replication, based on 3TB disks.
- Support for 2TB, 3TB and larger drives in future. Any size disk can be installed in any slot with full utilization of the storage
- Removable disks for transportation or shelf storage - Disks can be docked externally and opened with a standard computer
- Quiescent power consumption 380W - Relaxed environmental requirements; Hot swappable Power Supplies, Fans and Disks
- New - Integrated touch screen for convenient monitoring and management at the rack, as well as over the network.
- New - ALTO Filer HSM option offers simple Virtual File System integration in addition to REST-based API for developers
- New - ALTO Replicator provides user-selectable data Replication across multiple ALTO modues in Virtual File System mode